4 Goal Players
- Full name: Mason Pike Wroe
- City and state of residency: Cat Spring, TX
- Handicap: 4 Goals
- Which polo teams do you play for in Sarasota? Hillcroft Farms, Wrigley Media
- What do you enjoy about playing in Sarasota? I love the balance between the high level of competitive polo and the family friendly experience offered at Sarasota Polo Club and the surrounding community.
- Since what year have you played polo in Sarasota? 2019.
- How long have you been playing polo? Since I was 8 years old.
- What do you like best about the sport? The chemistry between horse and rider. The is no other sport, or feeling you get when both the horse and rider are in perfect harmony, allowing you to hit a ball while racing in, out, and around your opponents at 25-30 mph.
- What’s your favorite horse and why? Catwalk, She’s a mare that has it all (speed, agility, toughness, and heart). She’s a younger mare that’s starting to come into her own, and she has a bright future.
- What’s your biggest polo accomplishment or your biggest win to date? I’m very proud of the fact that I was able to win every tournament in the former 20 goal high goal season. The Herbie Pennell, The Joe Barry Memorial, The Ylvisaker Cup, and The Iglehart.
- Mason is a highly accomplished 4-goal professional with a depth of successful experience throughout his prestigious polo career, both as a player and as a coach. Originally from Cat Springs, Texas, Mason attended Texas A&M University, where he captured the 2007 Men’s National Intercollegiate Championship and was named Intercollegiate Player of the Year. As a 4-goaler, Mason has played on winning teams in the Herbie Pennell Cup, the Joe Barry Memorial, the Ylvisaker Cup and the Iglehart Cup. Mason was also selected to play on FIP, (Federation of International Polo) Teams in 2011 and 2015.